Axillary hyperhidrosis treatment is used for people who sweat excessively from the armpits. Excessive armpit sweat is also known as Axillary hyperhidrosis. It is actually caused by overactive sweat glands. Depending on how severe the ailment is, it can be an annoying problem. There are some instances wherein excessive armpit sweat is an embarrassing problem. In such cases, you can find some helpful Hillary hyperhidrosis treatments or some more permanent ones like surgery, botox, and iontophoresis. However, you have to be careful as some of them can have some side effects.
Axillary hyperhidrosis treatments:
Some of the effective Axillary hyperhidrosis treatments are as follows.
• Surgery: safeguard that the underarm area is examined thoroughly. The doctor may need to fix the sweating problem or recommend some other kind of treatment depending on the extent of the damage. adventures or injections may also be suggested. However, you should be careful before you undergo this kind of treatment. Axillary hyperhidrosis treatments are not permanent and you need to opt for a more permanent solution after realizing the side effects.
• Botox: Botox is often used in treating excessive underarm sweat. FDA-approved botox in injected form is effective in about 80% of cases. It does not have any kind of side effects unless you are allergic to the botox. FDA-approved products should be injected into armpits. It should be injected 3-5 times in a regular manner. However, you may experience some starches, cramps in the area, and warmth for a week after the injections.
•ceptor agonists: In some excessive armpit sweating cases, you may get relief from antidepressant drugs. Appropriate creams and oral medications are available for treating patients with depression and social anxiety. If the disease is not very acute, you can put these drugs down.
• iontophoresis: In some cases of milder Axillary hyperhidrosis, you may get benefit from this technique. Iontophoresis is a technique where electrical current is passed through water in which your feet are immersed. The water will have a positively charged electrical current. It will inhibit the sweat glands from secondhand sweating. It must be performed on a regular basis for seven days in the initial stage and on a daily basis after the treatment for at least a week. You need to undergo the treatment for about 15 to 20 minutes each time. Subsequently, you will have to repeat one session every three weeks.
• Surgery: In case you are prone to excessive armpit sweat, you may consider surgery as a treatment option. Excessive armpit sweating can be caused when sweat glands are overactive and the nerves may not send correct signals to the sweat glands. Surgery will remove the sweat glands. However, before you decide to undergo surgery, you may need to address some issues like compensatory sweating on different parts of your body.
• botox injections: Botox is known as a suitable alternative for excessive armpit sweat. But you have to understand the side effects of botox before you opt for it. Like most of the remedies for excessive armpit sweat, botox may not produce any immediate result after the treatment. There may be some minimal side effects like headache and redness on the area where Botox was injected. It is advisable to opt for more permanent and safer treatments like surgery.